As a predominantly reusable company, Conni has been providing some of the best absorbent, washable and reusable continence products in the world to customers for over 17 years. At the core of our business is a caring nature that stretches beyond our customers and includes our environment. Not only is it a goal to provide the highest, premium quality products that help our customers to live a comfortable everyday life, but also to deliver our environmentally conscious products in an environmentally conscious manner.
From manufacturing to ordering, packaging, picking and packing, delivery and follow up services, we strive to limit our environmental footprint in all aspects of our business.
After this year’s recent Earth Hour campaign, we wanted to share with you just some of the changes we have made and some aims we have to contribute to a better environmental option for us and our Conni customers. We’re proud to say all of our packaging is recyclable and/or reusable, but that is just the beginning of our road to implementing better environmentally-friendly options, we recently signed up to the Australian Packaging Covenant Organisation to help us as we strive for better packaging.
Changes we have already implemented:
- PDF and emailed versions of invoices and receipts instead of printed, saving thousands of pieces of paper every month.
- Compostable Hero Packs used for mailing bags and small parcels sent.
- NO plastic lining in our shipping cartons.
- Our new underwear packaging has eliminated the plastic “window” and gone completely recyclable.
- Mailing cartons (from Conni warehouse to customer) improved from 70% recycled to 100% recycled cardboard...woohoo!
Changes we are currently investigating and aiming to implement:
- No more plastic tape...YAY! This will be implemented over the next 6 months. We are currently trialling paper tape and will get some more samples to see what works best.
- FSC Certified Paper Packaging.
- Paper tape on outer shipping cartons from our factories, removing the need for any plastic tape on any boxes.
To our team here at Conni, the Earth Hour campaign is a day to remind people that their everyday life has a great impact on our Mother Earth and every day we should be striving to reduce our environmental footprint.
We know we aren’t perfect and we are always looking for ways we can improve, if you have any suggestions, please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the contact us page.